Can't Get Up In The Morning
Give me 5 more minutes! you say as you frustratedly punch your alarm after the 3rd snooze alert. Yes, I'm sure we've all been there.
You just can't get up in the morning. It feels as if your body is physically glued to your bed: all efforts to get up fail miserably.
So then if you find your self in such a situation, what can you do? How can you overcome the force that pulls you back to the duvet, and get on with your day? Well that's what we are going to be talking about today.
Go to bed early.
- It's the most obvious solution i guess. You've heard it many times before. But putting this helpful tip into practice is quite a different matter.
- A good way to go about it is putting an alarm on your phone. 15 minutes before time to go to bed you should get a reminder.
- Throughout the evening try to keep this in mind and as your 'bed time' draws closer, start to conclude your activities.
- Prepare for bed in the way that works for you. Some find having a hot drink and changing into more comfortable clothes (e.g. pajamas) really helpful.
- Once you get into bed try to zone out distractions and relax.
- Put your phone on a setting where it will not disturb you, and keep it quite a distance from you. (But not to far if you use it as an alarm). This should help you to go to sleep faster. After all, if you are better rested, you are in a better position to get up easily.
More tips on sleeping well..
Set your alarm well
- Make sure you set your alarm for a reasonable time. Calculate the time you need to be awake, whether to get ready for school or to go to work.
- Give yourself adequate time so that when your alarm rings you don't start panicking or have to rush around madly.
- At the same time, do not set your alarm much early than you need to otherwise you may get sleep deprived or even start regretting waking up.
- Become familiar with your personal alarm. You may need to adjust it so that it regularly repeats on certain days of the week. Getting used to your alarm is a important part of waking up well.
- Even the sound used for your alarm is important. Choose something that you will not easily get tired of but that will get you up.
- Choosing the wrong alarm sounds could make you grumpy or develop a sort of resentment for the alarm system, as i know from personal experience!
Breath in.. Stay positive
- When the time of getting up arrives, have the right attitude. Don't tell yourself that you can't get up in the morning.
- Have faith in yourself and just go for it. Think about all the wonderful things you want to do on this beautiful new day and step out of bed with the joys of spring.
- OK, so maybe this wont be the case every time, but such self motivation is a key step.
- Try not to get into the habit of putting your alarm on snooze. When it rings, you've got to do what you've got to do- get out of bed! In fact the more you procrastinate, the harder it will be to eventually get up.
- Getting out of bed may take a lot of effort, even physically heaving yourself up and out of your bed, or throwing the covers right of yourself, but let's face it, it has to be done.
But keep trying! Eventually, ' I can't get up in the morning,' will be a thing of the past. Some time you will switch back into normal and be able to just get on.
So make it your goal to rise up an attack the day! You can do it!
Like this article?
Get more interesting reads and blog updates to your inbox twice a month:
Apr 21, 18 01:25 AM
Let's talk about great ways to see the world without buying a plane ticket. I call it "Getting to Travel without Getting on a Plane".
Apr 08, 18 12:40 AM
5 seconds to name a quote about money! What'ya got? Let's look at interesting things people have said about money through quotes about money.
Mar 24, 18 04:28 PM
This week, I visited Abraham's Well in Be'er Sheva, Israel. Let me share with you my fascinating experience including interesting facts I learned and photos I took!
If you can see this, please share this post with the buttons below :)