5 Best Prompt Engineering Courses for Building Powerful Applications
Want to learn prompt engineering? Here are the best prompt engineering courses for learners who want to leverage the power of generative AI.
Prompt engineering is a relatively new discipline that allows us to develop and optimize prompts to build powerful applications using large language models (LLMs).
Here are the best prompt engineering courses online that teach a wide range of skills and techniques that are useful for interacting and developing with LLMs.
These courses will also show you how to harness the full potential of AI systems like GPT-4, by crafting prompts that are clear, context-rich, specific, and concise.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
What are the Best Prompt Engineering Courses?
Here are 5 of the best prompt engineering courses to enroll in online this year:
ChatGPT and other large language models are set to completely change the way we do many daily activities.
ChatGPT can tutor your child in math, generate a meal plan, write software applications, help you improve your personal cybersecurity - and that is just in the first hour that you use it.
This popular prompt engineering course by Vanderbilt University introduces students to the patterns and approaches for writing effective prompts for large language models.
The course shows amazing examples of how you can tap into generative AI tools' emergent intelligence and reasoning, how you can use them to be more productive day to day, and gives you insight into how they work.
You will learn how to:
- Apply prompt engineering to effectively work with large language models, like ChatGPT
- Use prompt patterns to tap into powerful capabilities within large language models
- Create complex prompt-based applications for your life, business, or education
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Introduction to Prompts
- Module 3: Prompt Patterns I
- Module 4: Few-Shot Examples
- Module 5: Prompt Patterns II
- Module 6: Prompt Patterns III
Anyone can take this course and the only required knowledge is basic computer usage skills, such as using a browser and accessing ChatGPT.
By the end of the course, you will have strong prompt engineering skills and be capable of using large language models for a wide range of tasks such as writing, summarization, game play, planning, simulation, and programming.
Key course features:
- Earn a Certificate upon completion.
100% online courses
- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Set and maintain flexible deadlines.
Approximately 18 hours to complete
- Suggested pace: 3 weeks at 6 hours a week.
=> Enroll in the Prompt Engineering for ChatGPT course here.
As a content creator, Nizamuddin Siddiqui has spent long hours testing and creating new prompts that he believes are super useful for everyone.
In this skillshare class, Nizamuddin teaches important prompting techniques and shares answers to common questions you might have about prompt engineering.
In this course, you will get a list of 1200+ ChatGPT prompts that you can easily copy and paste.
However, you will also learn about the structure needed to create a perfect prompt, and you'll receive a project file that will help you recall all the prompting techniques discussed in the course.
Here is a brief overview of the prompts list:
- 25 ChatGPT Prompts to prepare for interview preparation
- 64 ChatGPT Prompts to do Copywriting
- 55 ChatGPT Prompts to do Email Copywriting
- 41 ChatGPT Prompts to do Email Marketing
- 75 ChatGPT Prompts to Translate, improve vocabulary, and check English grammar
- 49 ChatGPT Prompts to write SEO-optimized content
- 45 ChatGPT Prompts to Manage Social Media
- 18 ChatGPT Prompts to ease your job as a Teacher/Professor
- 43 ChatGPT Prompts to make your educational life easy as a Student
- 25 ChatGPT Prompts to assist you in Programming
- 40 ChatGPT Prompts for Marketers
- 21 ChatGPT Prompts to get LinkedIn Followers
- 29 ChatGPT Prompts to do better on YouTube
- 17 ChatGPT Prompts to create Courses
- 16 ChatGPT Prompts to help in Career Guidance
- 23 ChatGPT Prompts to work smoothly as an HR Consultant
- 16 ChatGPT Prompts to get Financial Advice
- 13 ChatGPT Prompts to write Resume and Cover Letters
- 40 ChatGPT Prompts to get Home Remedies for common ailments
- 30 ChatGPT Prompts to create Websites as a Web Developer
- 10 ChatGPT Prompts to become a Twitter Influencer
- 13 ChatGPT Prompts to become an Instagram Influencer
- 20 Prompts to become an Excel Expert
- 36 ChatGPT Prompts for Parenting
- 202 ChatGPT Prompts for Advertising
- 181 ChatGPT Prompts for Digital Product Creation
- 82 ChatGPT Prompts for SaaS Product Development
- 65 Prompts for Product Managers
- 63 Prompts for Customer Service Managers
- 60 Prompts for Content Strategists
- 115 Prompts for English Language Proofreaders
- 61 Prompts for Sports and Fitness Instructors
- 58 Prompts for Sports Nutritionists
- 39 Prompts for Fundraisers
- 34 Prompts for Special Education Teachers
- 40 Prompts for School Principals
- 77 Prompts for Entrepreneurs
- 62 Prompts for Copy Editors
- 38 Prompts for Researchers
- 100+ Prompts for Game Designers
- 100+ Prompts for Poets
Comment from previous student:
"I listened to this class 4 times and on the 4th, I realized how valuable this course is. If you don't get it the first time, go through it again until it makes sense. You will appreciate the immense value, knowledge and skills you obtain from this class."
=> Enroll in "ChatGPT Prompt Engineering with 2100+ Prompts" here.
Have you been hearing about the amazing things people are doing with AI but you don’t know where to start?
ChatGPT Complete Guide: Learn Midjourney, ChatGPT 4 & More is Udemy's bestselling ChatGPT course.
In this course, you'll develop your skills with ChatGPT 3.5, GPT-4, ChatGPT Plugins, Bard, Bing, Midjourney, DALL-E 2, Zapier, Notion AI, and 25 other extremely useful AI tools.
1. ChatGPT: Fundamentals and 150+ Prompting Ideas for ChatGPT
- Getting started with ChatGPT
- Understand the world of prompt engineering
- Collaborate with your new AI assistant
2. ChatGPT: Simplify Complex Information, Prompt Engineering, and 17 Page Prompting PDF
- Synthesize, summarize, and personalize text for your specific audiences
- Transcribe and summarize entire videos in seconds
- Generate specific prompts for your own use cases
3. ChatGPT: Content Creation, Social Media, Copywriting, Video Scripts, and Automations with Zapier
- Create unique and engaging content in a heartbeat
- Perfect your copy for your specific needs with prompt engineering
- Learn to generate in bulk so you can be more productive than ever
4. ChatGPT Plugins: Quickly Learn, Research, Prepare for Job Opportunities, and More
- Leap into the future of learning at lightning speed using ChatGPT Plugins
- Personal and market research re-defined
- Solve equations, run realistic mock interviews, and use AI to put your best foot forward
5. ChatGPT: Code Generations, Algorithms, Debugging, and Documentation
- Explore and own the world of AI coding
- 10x your productivity by delegating to ChatGPT
- Embrace the incredible speed of working with AI
6. Midjourney: Setup, Settings, Workflow, Commands, Prompting, and Stylization
- Bring your imagination to life with simple text
- Remix existing images with your wildest ideas
- Create new and exciting art with generative art prompts
7. Midjourney: Reiterating, Upscaling, Aspect Ratios, and Remixing
- Customize your artwork using advanced prompt modifiers
- Iterate to perfection getting your pieces just right
- Explore the endless avenues generative art can take you down
8. DALL-E 2: Website Interface, Layout, Prompting, Creating Variations
- Learn how to use DALL-E 2's powerful prompting feature and create stunning visual variations.
- Navigate DALL-E 2's interface like a pro and discover the secrets of the prompt marketplace while exploring a wealth of inspirational resources.
- Discover the cutting-edge AI technology that's changing the game and gain valuable insights into the parameters and keyboard shortcuts that will take your creativity to the next level.
9. DALL-E 2: Inpainting, Outpainting, and Blending Multiple Images Together
- Master the art of creating unique and visually stunning art pieces with DALL-E 2's powerful features
- Take your artistic creations to new heights by exploring the limitless possibilities of DALL-E 2
- Dive into Dall-E 2's functions, allowing your creativity to soar the skies
10. Generative AI for Gigs, Side Hustles, Freelance, Selling Items Online, and Notion AI
- Discover a wealth of side hustle ideas, and explore how to monetize your new AI skills
- Put your new knowledge into practice with a learning activity that will guide you in ideating, planning, and launching a new venture.
11. Generative AI for Business, Marketing Emails, Ideation, and Productivity
- Use prompt engineering to leverage the game-changing impact of AI in your favor
- Unlock a range of essential business skills, from crafting unique business ventures and optimizing communication strategies.
- Use the power of cutting-edge technology to gain valuable insights into the latest trends and best practices for success.
12. AI Video: Create a Talking AI Avatar, Bulk Create TikToks, Reels, and Shorts
- Meet your new AI video team
- Captivate your audience, using cutting-edge AI to create engaging videos
- Learn how to personalize your videos and create unique, impactful content in a fraction of the time
13. AI Photo: Make Your Photo Speak, AI Photoshop Replacement, and Remove Watermarks
- Enhance, edit, and transform your photos in ways never thought possible
- Learn how to use the unique features of API tools to create personalized images that capture your vision and style
- Get inspired by a wealth of resources
14. AI Writing and Copy: Google Sheets, Automate Messaging, and Data Extraction
- Supercharge your writing by combining various AI tools to get the perfect tone, grammar, syntax, style, and voice
- Master the art of effective communication and use AI to capture your audience's attention.
- Explore the different parameters and settings within these tools that can be customized to meet your specific needs.
15. AI Music and Voice: AI Tool Integrations for Music Production, Text to Voice, and Voice Cloning
- Clone your voice with AI
- Compose like never before
- Get a glimpse of the amazing tools on the horizon
Key course features:
- 15.5 hours on-demand video
- 22 articles
- 13 downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Closed captions
- Audio description in existing audio
- Certificate of completion
=> Enroll in "ChatGPT Complete Guide: Learn Midjourney, ChatGPT 4 & More" here.
This prompt engineering course on edX delves into the advanced techniques that can be used to prompt ChatGPT, allowing it to generate responses that are even more accurate, relevant, and engaging.
You will explore the different applications of ChatGPT across various industries, including healthcare, finance, education, and customer service, among others.
The course also covers how to integrate ChatGPT with other tools, such as natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML), to further enhance its capabilities.
By the end of this course, you will gain a deep understanding of how to leverage the power of ChatGPT and build intelligent chatbots that can deliver superior customer experiences.
You will also develop an understanding of the limitations of ChatGPT and how to work around them to build robust and effective chatbot applications.
Key course features:
- Length: 1 Week
- Effort: 1-2 hours per week
- Course Type: Self-paced, progress at your own speed
- Professional Certificate Available
=> Enroll in "Prompt Engineering and Advanced ChatGPT" here.
What if you could make ChatGPT and generative artificial intelligence even more amazing than it already is?
Generative artificial intelligence is powerful and exciting, but its output is only as good as its input.
In this Pluralsight course, you’ll get a foundational understanding of prompt engineering - the art and science of crafting clever prompts to unleash the full potential of generative AI models.
First, you’ll explore what prompt engineering is, the different types of prompts, and how to evaluate their effectiveness.
Next, you’ll discover more advanced techniques, taking your prompt engineering to the next level.
Finally, you’ll learn about different ethical considerations around this emerging technology, and how to apply best practices to mitigate potential issues.
Key course features:
- Level: Beginner
- Updated: Aug 28, 2023
- Duration: 1h 13m
=> Enroll in "Getting Started on Prompt Engineering" here.
Prompt engineering is essential for generative AI models because it helps them create accurate and relevant content.
By using the right prompts, we can guide AI models to create the content we want, exactly how we want it!
Hopefully you've found a prompt engineering course above that appeals to your interests and learning objectives.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this content, share with a friend:
Jan 29, 24 04:18 PM
Writing a memoir is no simple task. After all, it’s your life. Here are the best memoir writing courses to help you infuse your work with structure and style.
Jan 29, 24 03:20 PM
There are few things quite as captivating as a powerful stage presence. Here is a breakdown of the best public speaking courses for speakers at all levels.
Jan 22, 24 05:25 PM
Here is a review of the Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate, for learners who are contemplating enrolling in the program soon.
Your second block of text...